Monday, August 29, 2011

Was God Really Speaking?

Was God really speaking?


Leading up to the arrival of Hurricane Irene, I heard a lot of “Christian” folk, "believers", say the this was God speaking and basically He was saying “I, (God), am doing this (storm) to get your attention and remind you of Who is in charge.” REALLY? Back that up biblically. I seem to recall reading that “God is not in the whirlwind or the thunder but is in the still small voice.” And why would God create a storm when we know that Jesus quieted the storm. Wouldn’t that be fighting against oneself? In one instance, God creates a storm to get our attention. In another instance, God quiets the storm. Contradictory don’t you think?

Where do people get these ideas? When someone dies, especially if it is a child, people say God needed another flower for His garden in heaven. When someone develops a horrible disease, I’ve heard people say God allowed it. FOR WHAT REASON??? So He could heal the person? Couldn’t He have prevented it in the first place?

What God are you serving? God was not speaking through Hurricane Irene. Get real. And if He was, how many heard Him? Lots of people were afraid and others didn’t care. I don’t think either group was listening. It’s amazing the things people make up and say it is God. Even more amazing is how many people believe them. God doesn’t need to take your child because He needs another flower in His garden! What garden??? And why??? If He is the God you say He is, can’t He create whatever flowers He desires? How insensitive to say that to a grieving parent. Am I the only one who thinks this is nonsense? If my child died, and I was led to believe that God allowed this or somehow had a part in my child’s death, I would be TOTALLY PISSED OFF WITH GOD! And if you have any sense, you would be too.

Christians/believers need to stop the foolishness and really find out who God is. Obviously, too many have the wrong impression of God. I know Him as a God of unconditional love for all of us. That’s right. I said ALL OF US. You can’t sin bad enough or often enough for God to stop loving you. Romans 8 declares that “nothing can separate us from the love of God.” So again I ask, what God are you serving? SELAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment