Monday, August 15, 2011

I Stepped Outside of Myself

Ran into a friend I had not seen in years. She and another lady had just left a church service. We did the usual small talk about family. Then she asked if I was "in church" (a member of any church.) Christians tend to ask this question of everyone. I said what I always say. "I'm on the backside of the desert, me, Moses and God." Her expression changed immediately. Kind of like, uh oh. So I did something I don't do. I stepped outside of myself and explained that (l) God has not led me to any church yet, (2) but I still read my Bible and (3) fellowship with other believers. STOP! I don't have to explain myself to any man (or woman in this case.) No, I'm not in a church. Have not been for years. That which I call God released me from religion several years ago and I couldn't be happier. I AM closer to He, She, It that I call God than ever before.

I read the authorized Bible, (King James) and as many other books as I can find including The Other Bible, The Gnostic Bible, The Essential Koran, The Dead Sea Scrolls, writings by Deepak Chopra, Osho, Eckhart Tolle, Kaballah and the list goes on. Just re-read Conversations With God, Book 1 by Neale Donald Walsch. About to read Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill.

So I'm not going to church. And your point is what? Like I said, I stepped outside of myself, actually, forgot who I AM and felt like I needed to clarify myself so she wouldn't feel bad for me. STOP! What about how I feel? Never again. My answer is still, I'm hanging out on the backside of the desert like Moses did and I'm having a ball. Not in church, don't want to be in church, not looking for a church home. I AM the church! God is...therefore I AM. End of story. Everyone has to walk their own path and everyone needs to respect each other's path even if they disagree or think it's wrong.

So do you in this life. Don't apologize for being who you are and always listen to That which you call God.

No comments:

Post a Comment