Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adam and Eve-not the first???

OK, what's going on in Genesis?  There's Adam and Eve, right? Adam named his wife, Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20. Then there is Cain and Abel, right? Now when Cain killed his brother, he was banished from the family, such as it was. The Lord said in Genesis 4:15, "therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengence shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." Whosoever who??? (Sorry. I know that's incorrect English but making a point here.) I thought it was just Adam, Eve and Cain.

Even Cain said in Genesis 4:13-14, "my punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold---, I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth and it shall come to pass that every one that findeth me shall slay me." That's why the Lord set a mark upon him. Every one who???

Then there is the part about Cain's wife. Genesis 4:17, "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch. v.19 And La'mech took unto him two wives."

Where are all these people coming from???

No comments:

Post a Comment