Sunday, May 22, 2011

No Respecter of Persons

Can you sense the change? It's all around us. May 21st, yesterday, was supposed to be the end of the world. Truly there is an ending taking place but it started last year--or at least I began to sense it last year. And it is not necessarily a one time, major event. It is a paradigm shift spread over time. Not a catastrophic "Big Bang" event. Not the end of the world; but the end of an age, a shift in consciousness, a change in what we think we know about God and who God really is. WOW. Are you ready?

Let me give you an example of what I'm beginning to see. You see, I had an issue with God concerning the Scripture that says God is no respecter of persons. I began to wonder about that because it seemed to me He was favoring others above me. I couldn't seem to catch a break and I told Him so often. I felt that God was ignoring me, not answering my prayers, kicking me to the curb, etc, etc in my whiny little girl voice. Then I read some things that changed my mind.

"There is a Universal Mind, Spirit, Intelligence that is the Origin of everything. It is God." p.35

This Original Life is Infinite. It is Law." p.36

"Our belief sets the limits to our demonstration of a Principle which, of Itself, is without limit. p.37, which means we put the limits on God, Universe, Spirit.

"As he sows, so shall he reap; the law works for all alike. We must accustom ourselves to the concept of the impersonalness of the law, the availability of the law, and the mechanical accuracy of the law. If we can conceive only a little good, that is as much as we can experience. We experience good and evil because we perceive a presence of duality rather than unity."

"The Spirit can give us only what we can take." p.40. "It can tell us only what we can understand." p.41

"The Universe is impersonal. It gives alike to all. It is no respecter of persons." p,41

"Faith in a certain specific statement has power consciously to oppose, neutralize, erase and obliterate the opposite mental attitude." p.48 "I know that the faith within me now neutralizes ALL doubt." p.49

I was thinking of God as a Person who was not listening to me, not answering my prayers, not performing miracles in my behalf, therefore it seemed (dare I say it), He was favoring others over me. However, when I see Law as impersonal, bells went off and light bulbs came on. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

God is Love, yes. God is good, yes. Law is love because it gives love to all. We just have to accept it. Law is good because that's what It is. Not good AND evil. That is our limiting belief in duality but it is not TRUTH. WOW WOW WOW.

As Energy, Law, Principle, God cannot by Its very nature favor one over another. If something is not working for me, it is because of my failure to believe it is so. The Law/Lord can only respond to my level of belief.

Hard to swallow? Maybe but once you've heard it, you're responsible for that Truth. Like it or not, you cannot fit a 10 x 12 picture (mind) into a 5 x 7 frame.

(The pages refer to The Science of Mind book by Ernest Holmes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment